This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What was the relationship between the army's intervention against demonstrating World War I veterans ... (Read 24 times)

dbose

What was the relationship between the army's intervention against demonstrating World War I veterans and President Hoover's bid for reelection in 1932?

a. National unity stemming from World War I caused Hoover to win the election in a landslide.
  b. Public contempt for Hoover's weak control of the army caused Hoover to lose the election in a landslide.
  c. Public revulsion at Hoover's treatment of World War I veterans caused him to lose the election by a landslide.
  d. Public support for Hoover's decisive leadership caused him to win the election in a landslide.

Question 2

Which idea did the Code of Hammurabi contribute to the modern concept of constitutionalism?

a. The values of democracy and liberty must be evenly balanced.
  b. Constitutions should be easily adjusted to reflect social change.
  c. The supreme law of the land should be clear and written down.
  d. Constitutions should be vague enough to allow for evolving interpretations.