This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Social cognitive theorists propose that three of the following are essential for students to learn ... (Read 36 times)

magmichele12

Social cognitive theorists propose that three of the following are essential for students to learn successfully from models. Which one is not essential?

a. Reinforcement for good performance
  b. Motivation to perform the behavior
  c. Memory of the observed behavior
  d. Attention to the model

Question 2

During a vocabulary lesson, a teacher talks aloud about how she herself tries to remember the meanings of new vocabulary words. For example, she says, One of our words this week is herald, which means to announce or give notice of.' How might I remember that? Oh, I know I can think of the Boston Herald, a newspaper that my parents subscribed to when I was young. A newspaper announces what's happening in the world, so it makes sense that it's called the Herald. The teacher's statement is a good example of:

a. cognitive modeling.
  b. collective self-efficacy.
  c. vicarious reinforcement.
  d. self-monitoring.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leannegxo

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

a

magmichele12

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library