This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in ... (Read 207 times)

Kikoku

I work really hard on my math, Mike, a middle school student, comments. I know that math courses in high school are tough, so the better I understand it now, the better I'll understand it when I get to the tough classes. Using learners' beliefs as a basis, which of the following best explains why Mike is motivated to study math?

a. Doing well in math will be reinforcing for him, since reinforcers increase behavior.
  b. Doing well in math will help him develop his sense of self-worth need, since it will suggest he has high ability in math.
  c. Doing well in math has high utility value for him, since he sees it as useful for meeting future goals.
  d. Doing well in math will help him meet his need for self-determination, because it will give him a feeling of autonomy.

Question 2

The concept of utility value is most closely related to which of the following theories?

a. Expectancy x value theory
  b. Goal theory
  c. Attribution theory
  d. Self-determination theory

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mirabriestensky

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

a

Kikoku

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Wow, this really help

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library