This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: King Hieron of ancient Syracuse suspected that a goldsmith had not made his crown of pure gold as ... (Read 21 times)

Mr.Thesaxman

King Hieron of ancient Syracuse suspected that a goldsmith had not made his
  crown of pure gold as instructed. He asked the scientist Archimedes to find out the truth
  without damaging the crown. Archimedes wasn't sure how to do this at first, but one
  day, while at the public baths, he noticed that the deeper he descended into the bathtub,
  the more water flowed over the edge. He suddenly realized that he could solve the
  problem of the king's crown. He was so excited by his discovery that he ran naked
  through the street, shouting Eureka Eureka a Greek word which means I've found
  it.
  Archimedes, the greatest scientist and mathematician of antiquity, immersed the
  crown in a container that was completely full of water and collected the water that
  overflowed. When he placed a lump of pure gold equal to the weight of the crown in
  the water, a lesser amount of water overflowed. Thus Archimedes concluded that the
  goldsmith had substituted some gold with a metal of lesser weight, such as silver.

A student reads the story and is able to tell her professor that the Greek word Eureka means,
  I have found it.

a. Level 1: Remembering
  b. Level 2: Understanding
  c. Level 3: Applying
  d. Level 4: Analyzing
  e. Level 5: Evaluating

Question 2

The purpose of textbooks and assembly instructions is mostly to __________.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word