This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Using the list of four words, circle the answer that best completes each sentence. Sometimes ... (Read 52 times)

altibaby

Using the list of four words, circle the answer that best completes each sentence.
  Sometimes brilliant new ideas take time to _____. The chairperson of a committee may bring
  up a problem two or three times at meetings before a solution begins to emerge.

a. hackneyed
  b. transgress
  c. extramarital
  d. gestate

Question 2

Using the list of four words, circle the answer that best completes each sentence.
  The salespeople at the local computer store used to be so friendly. I could always count on
  speaking to a knowledgeable person who really loved working with computers. After the
  management changed, however, the new salespeople seemed to become less interested in my
  computer and more interested in my wallet. Sometimes when I ask a question, all I get are
  _____ efforts to get me to buy more stuff.

a. intrafamily
  b. gestated
  c. hackneyed
  d. communal

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

connor417

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

d

connor417

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library