Author Question: Study the body of each of the following paragraphs. Then select the letter of the topic sentence ... (Read 21 times)

cmoore54

Study the body of each of the following paragraphs. Then select the letter of the topic sentence that is most accurate.
  ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ __________. One of my friends, Ella, is a painter who creates beautiful landscapes on canvas. Larry, another friend of mine, is an excellent musician who can play ten different instruments. He plays in a band, and he also composes music. Lynn, who has been my friend since high school, writes poetry. She has published a few of her poems, and she even won a poetry contest while she was in college. My friend Amal makes jewelry and sells his work at art shows and craft fairs. I find that I am more creative myself when I spend time with them.

A) I have quite a few friends.
  B) My friends are creative and talented people.
  C) Friendship is very important.

Question 2

Study the body of each of the following paragraphs. Then select the letter of the topic sentence that is most accurate.
  ___________________ ___________________ ______________. Some alligator hunters stalk their prey for its meat. According to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, alligator meat is flavorful and healthful because it is naturally high in protein, low in fat, and free of artery-clogged cholesterol. Therefore, many hunters want to put it on their own tables or sell it to a growing market. Other hunters, though, are more interested in pursuing these reptiles for their hides. Because alligator skins are in demand for fashionable products like purses, shoes, boots, wallets, and belts, the hide of a six- to seven-foot alligator can fetch 300 or more. Then there are the hunters in search of a trophy to take home to show their friends. These people travel to Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida, paying thousands of dollars to bag an alligator that is then stuffed and mounted for permanent display.

A) Alligator hunting is an extremely dangerous hobby.
  B) Alligators are hunted for several reasons.
  C) Alligator meat is very nutritious.

maya.nigrin17@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B