Author Question: Mrs. Stewart watches as Jimmie, one of her kindergartners, puts an art paper in his folder. He then ... (Read 53 times)

jparksx

Mrs. Stewart watches as Jimmie, one of her kindergartners, puts an art paper in his folder. He then begins to straighten up the paints and brushes in the art area, and in the process, he tips over a baby-food-sized jar of paint onto the tabletop. Of the following, which would be Mrs. Stewart's best response to Jimmie's initiative, using Erikson's work as your basis for answering?

a. Jimmie, I think you were doing a very nice job of straightening up our art area. It certainly needed it. Clean up the paint now, and then you can go back to your seat.
  b. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up the art area. It certainly needed it. Go back to your seat now while I clean this up.
  c. Jimmie, I know our art area certainly needs cleaning up, and I appreciate your attempt to do it, but remember our rule that says we don't play with the materials until we're given permission to do so.
  d. Jimmie, I really appreciate your attempt to clean up our art area, but you must be careful when you do it, so that you don't spill the paint. Please return to your seat now while I clean this up.

Question 2

Mrs. Ortega dresses very professionally for school each day, and the students even notice how nice she always looks. She is planning a unit on poverty in America, so on Monday, the day she begins the unit, she dresses in old, torn, and soiled clothes and marches into her classroom to the astonishment of her students. Of the following, the Piagetian concept most closely related to the students' reaction is:

a. transformation.
  b. maturation.
  c. assimilation.
  d. disequilibrium.

Yixagurpuldink

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

d