Author Question: I wanted to put my best foot forward, but my first impression was an epic fail. a. Repetition b. ... (Read 11 times)

Mollykgkg

I wanted to put my best foot forward, but my first impression was an epic fail.

a. Repetition
 b. Clich
 c. Slang speech
  d. B and C

Question 2

Subject: College students and volunteerism Possible thesis statements:

a. Students should not be forced to participate in volunteer service for a grade because it takes time, costs too much, and causes emotional stress.
  b. Students should not be forced to participate in volunteer service for a grade.
 c. Volunteering for a community program should be a decision left up to the student, not the teacher.
 d. Teachers are requiring students to volunteer somewhere for a grade in their course, and it's not fair.

bigcheese9

Answer to Question 1

d
RATIONALE: When you are aware of your style, tone, and voice, you sound more credible.

Answer to Question 2

a
RATIONALE: A thesis contains the main idea and the significance of the main idea. In many cases, there are three points that represent the significance of the main ideas. These three points form the basis of the body paragraphs.