This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements about pronoun-antecedent agreement is true? a. A pronoun needs ... (Read 38 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Which of the following statements about pronoun-antecedent agreement is true?

a. A pronoun needs to match its antecedent in person, in number, and in gender.
  b. A pronoun needs to match its antecedent in person and gender, but not in number.
  c. A pronoun needs to match its antecedent in person and number, but not in gender.
  d. A pronoun needs to match its antecedent in gender and number, but not in person.

Question 2

Pronouns used as the subjects of sentences or as subject complements are

a. objective pronouns (me, her, him, them, or us).
 b. possessive pronouns (my, mine, hers, his, its, our, ours, their, or theirs).
  c. nominative pronouns (I, you, he, she, it, we, or they).
 d. none of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Pariscourtney

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

a

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 15, 2018
Wow, this really help

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library