This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: I'm going to have the children practice on long-vowel sounds and blends during skills block ... (Read 10 times)

LaDunn

I'm going to have the children practice on long-vowel sounds and blends during skills block tomorrow, Ava Goodwin, a kindergarten teacher, says to herself as she plans for the next week. I don't think I've spent enough time on basic skills the past few weeks. Ava then spends more time on basic skills the next week.
  Ava's concluding that she hasn't been spending enough time on basic skills best illustrates which of the following characteristics of expert teaching?

a. Decision making in ill-defined contexts
  b. Reflective practice
  c. A critical attitude toward teaching
  d. A body of specialized knowledge

Question 2

Researchers will often consciously manipulate one variable, such as the number of questions teachers ask, to measure its effect on another variable, such as student achievement. This process is best described as:

a. descriptive research.
  b. correlational research.
  c. experimental research.
  d. longitudinal research.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

BUTTHOL369

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

c

LaDunn

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library