This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which sentence uses commas correctly? a. He also mentioned due to several complaints that we ... (Read 52 times)

olgavictoria

Which sentence uses commas correctly?

a. He also mentioned due to several complaints that we should not overuse the reply to all response to e-mail because it overpopulates a person's inbox with unwanted messages.
  b. He also mentioned, due to several complaints, that we should not overuse the reply to all response to e-mail because it overpopulates a person's inbox with unwanted messages.
  c. He also mentioned, due to several complaints, that we should not overuse the reply to all response to e-mail, because, it overpopulates a person's inbox with unwanted messages.
  d. He also mentioned, due to several complaints, that we should not overuse the reply to all response, to e-mail, because it overpopulates a person's inbox, with unwanted messages.

Question 2

Which sentence uses commas correctly?

a. At the weekly business meeting, my boss announced in a calm professional voice, Our computer software will be updated to Microsoft Office 2016 next week..
  b. At the weekly business meeting my boss announced in a calm, professional voice Our computer software will be updated to Microsoft Office 2016 next week..
  c. At the weekly business meeting, my boss, announced, in a calm, professional voice, Our computer software, will be updated to Microsoft Office 2016 next week..
  d. At the weekly business meeting, my boss announced in a calm, professional voice, Our computer software will be updated to Microsoft Office 2016 next week..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jxjsniuniu

Answer to Question 1

b
RATIONALE: Modifiers and interrupters are sometimes unnecessary . . . a comma on both sides indicates that information can be taken out and the sentence will make sense.

Answer to Question 2

d
RATIONALE: Commas go after the action verb before a quote such as such and so stated or said or asked..

olgavictoria

Reply 2 on: Jul 15, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library