This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which one of the following sentences uses inconsistent verb tenses? a) Take out the trash and ... (Read 24 times)

P68T

Which one of the following sentences uses inconsistent verb tenses?

a) Take out the trash and wash the car before you leave for the mall.
  b) Manny played outfield, and I run the bases.
  c) Will you loan me a few dollars so that I won't have to spend my money?
  d) There is one way to clean up this mess, and that is to call our friends for help.

Question 2

Which one of the following sentences uses inconsistent verb tenses?

a) The vet took Lennie's collar off when I take her to the doctor.
  b) My dog Moses chased away the hens because they were bothering him.
  c) When the sun came up, she opened her eyes.
  d) There are no excuses for missing class unless you are in the hospital.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

itsakadoozi

Answer to Question 1

b.

Answer to Question 2

a;

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library