This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An education researcher publishes an essay on the advantages of single gender classes, citing higher ... (Read 23 times)

stevenposner

An education researcher publishes an essay on the advantages of single gender classes, citing higher grades and fewer distractions. She proposes that based on her findings, more schools should adopt single gender classes. Her purpose is to _________.

a. inform readers about educational experiments

b. persuade readers to support single gender classes

c. to inform readers about single gender schools

d. to persuade readers to support co-ed classes

Question 2

The ________a picture is worth a thousand words was certainly true when I saw a photo of the Grand Canyon. It looked so gorgeous that I didn't need any words to entice

me to visit.

a. adage
  b. resume
  c. euphemism
  d. alibi

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

daiying98

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

a

stevenposner

Reply 2 on: Jul 15, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library