This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Ana says, Oh, I am just not lucky with guys. Bill seemed to be so nice and then I find out that he ... (Read 49 times)

sheilaspns

Ana says, Oh, I am just not lucky with guys. Bill seemed to be so nice and then I find out that he has a girlfriend in his hometown. I am devastated that he did not tell me about her earlier. Terry replies, So you think all men are unreliable. This paraphrase is defective because Terry

a. Just repeated what Ana said, with identical words
  b. Watered down Ana's feelings, making it shallow
  c. Added meaning not expressed in Ana's message
  d. Paraphrased only partially, omitting important parts of Ana's message.

Question 2

Mayer and Greeno taught students about binomial probability using an inductive approach or a deductive approach. Which of the following is correct concerning the results?

a. the deductive group performed better than the inductive group on applying the formula to problems just like those in the lesson
  b. the inductive group performed better than the deductive group on answering questions about when and how to use the formula
  c. both of the above
  d. none of the above

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sammyo

Answer to Question 1

c. Added meaning not expressed in Ana's message

Answer to Question 2

C

sheilaspns

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Jossy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library