This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Three of the following statements accurately describe environmental influences on the development of ... (Read 114 times)

fbq8i

Three of the following statements accurately describe environmental influences on the development of epistemic beliefs. Which statement is not accurate?

a. As students observe experts disagreeing about a particular topic, they increasingly realize that even authority figures aren't always reliable sources of what is true and accurate.
  b. The extent to which students accept what authority figures tell them is partly a function of the culture in which they have grown up.
  c. Classroom demands for word-for-word memorization increase as students move through the secondary grades and post-secondary education.
  d. Students who have grown up in Asian cultures are apt to believe that knowledge is the result of hard work, whereas students who have grown up in the United States are apt to believe that knowledge should come quickly and easily.

Question 2

Missy is given this problem:
   Mt. Washington is lower than Mt. Jefferson.
   Mt. Washington is higher than Mt. Adams.
   Which mountain is highest?
   Missy reads the fourth word incorrectlyshe thinks the word is higher rather than lowerand consequently answers the problem incorrectly. From an information processing perspective, Missy's difficulty is due to:

a. Her limited working memory capacity
  b. Functional fixedness
  c. The way she encodes information
  d. The fact that she is retrieving information that hasn't been stored meaningfully