This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following sentences does not provide specific support for the topic sentence? Topic ... (Read 39 times)

bclement10

Which of the following sentences does not provide specific support for the topic sentence?
  Topic Sentence: Study groups are an effective way to study.

a) Last year after I started attending a math study group, my average went from a D to a
  B.
  b) A study group is a group of people who get together to help each other study.
  c) Sometimes each member of the group will be responsible for reviewing a specific
  topic during the week before a test.
  d) Other members of the group may be able to come up with specific test questions that
  might not have come to mind.

Question 2

Which of the following topic sentences does not support the thesis?
  Thesis: Immigration has had positive effects on America.

a) People from different cultures contribute different styles of music, food, and art.
  b) Historically, new immigrants have provided a strong labor force.
  c) Immigration keeps America from forgetting its values of freedom and equal
  opportunity.
  d) Immigration laws are always being debated.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

d

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

smrtceo

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library