Author Question: Which verb in the following sentences unnecessarily shifts tense? Last year my sister had her ... (Read 27 times)

jparksx

Which verb in the following sentences unnecessarily shifts tense? Last year my sister had her
  first baby. She named her Sandra. Next month, my brother will have his first baby. Our family is very blessed

a. had
  b. named
  c. will have
  d. is
  e. None of the verbs unnecessarily shifts tense

Question 2

Which verb in the following sentences unnecessarily shifts tense? Several years ago J.K.
  Rowling published the first Harry Potter book. It becomes an instant success. Millions of the books were purchased overnight.

a. published
  b. becomes
  c. success
  d. were purchased
  e. None of the verbs unnecessarily shift tense.

nital

Answer to Question 1

e

Answer to Question 2

b

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library