This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In looking for the causes of aggressive and sometimes violent behavior, researchers have found that ... (Read 46 times)

RRMR

In looking for the causes of aggressive and sometimes violent behavior, researchers have found that both parents and communities contribute to the problem because:

a. drug dealers working to near the school zone, which lead to violence both outside and inside the school.

b. parents or caregivers who actually teach their children to disrespect authority.

c. parents and community members fail to enforce rules and consequences at home and in the neighborhoods.

d. of their failure to help students develop appropriate social skills and by failing to model these skills.

Question 2

Rafael's parents are coming in for a conference because his grades are slipping. You know from past interactions that they tend to be defensive and critical and like to share each concern they have individually. Which of the following statements are you least likely to say at the start of their conference?

a. I've set aside 30 minutes for us to talk. If we still have things we need to talk about after 30 minutes have passed, we'll schedule a follow-up appointment.
  b. It's so nice to see you two again. Rafael has shown some significant growth this semester.
  c. I'm glad you came in and that we have this chance to put our heads together and generate ideas. I know we all want to help Rafael be successful in this class.
  d. I'm glad you're here. Rafael has been struggling, and I think the problem is that he is not doing his homework. What if you guys put a system in place where he can't play video games until his homework is done?