This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When instructing a patient to use an incentive spirometer, you should tell the patient I. Put the ... (Read 18 times)

mrsjacobs44

When instructing a patient to use an incentive spirometer, you should tell the patient
  I. Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and inhale as quickly as possible until your lungs are full.
  II. Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and inhale slowly until your lungs are full.
  III. When your lungs are full, briefly hold your breath.
  IV. Put the mouthpiece into your mouth and blow hard.
 A) I and III
  B) II and III
  C) III
  D) IV

Question 2

While a respiratory therapist is performing stimulation interventions on a neonate, the infant's oxygen saturation decreases. What should the therapist do?
 A) Continue with the intervention while monitoring saturation.
  B) Turn and reposition the infant.
  C) Discontinue the intervention until saturation is normal.
  D) Increase the brightness of the lighting and continue the intervention.