This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Relating to mechanically ventilated patients, which of the following physiologic responses have been ... (Read 37 times)

crobinson2013

Relating to mechanically ventilated patients, which of the following physiologic responses have been shown to be elicited as a consequence of listening for 30 minutes to music of the patient's choice? I. decreased respiratory rate II. decreased blood pressure III. increased heart rate IV. increased patient comfort

A. I, II only
  B. III, IV only
  C. I, II, IV only
  D. II, III, IV only

Question 2

The therapist is providing mechanical ventilation to a patient, and in the process sets ventilator inflation to extend into neural expiration. What is the potential problem with this situation?

A. The delivered tidal volume will decrease.
  B. The inspiratory flow will be inadequate to meet the patient's inspiratory demands.
  C. The trigger sensitivity will be altered.
  D. Dynamic hyperinflation may develop.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lou

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
C. Correct response: A study conducted by Lee, et al demonstrated that in mechanically ventilated patients, a 30-minute session of listening to music of the patient's choice significantly decreased anxiety, heart rate, blood pressure, and respiratory rate, and promoted patient comfort.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A. Incorrect response: When ventilator inflation extends into neural expiration, the delivered VT actually increases.
B. Incorrect response: Extending ventilator inspiration into neural expiration does not influence the inspiratory flow.
C. Incorrect response: Extending ventilator inspiration into neural expiration does not influence the ventilator's trigger sensitivity.
D. Correct response: When ventilator inflation extends into neural expiration, the time available for expiratory flow, before the next inspiratory effort, is reduced. If passive FRC is not reached during this abbreviated expiratory phase, dynamic hyperinflation, or auto-PEEP occurs.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library