This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following components of a person's biologic control system are responsible for ... (Read 13 times)

Coya19@aol.com

Which of the following components of a person's biologic control system are responsible for controlling spontaneous ventilation? I. cerebellum II. chemoreceptors III. cerebral cortex IV. respiratory muscles

A. I, III only
  B. I, II, IV only
  C. II, III, IV only
  D. I, II, III, IV

Question 2

Which of the following modes of mechanical ventilation is/are more likely to produce an altered PaCO2 in patients in response to chemoreceptor input? I. continuous mandatory ventilation II, proportional assist ventilation III. pressure support ventilation IV. assist-control (volume-cycled) ventilation

A. III only
  B. II, IV only
  C. III, IV only
  D. I, II, III only

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kingdude89

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
C. Correct response: A person's biologic respiratory control system is responsible for control of spontaneous ventilation and is composed of four components: (1) central controller, (2) connecting nerves, (3) ventilatory pump (respiratory muscles), and (4) sensors (e.g., chemoreceptors and mechanoreceptors).
D. Incorrect response: See explanation C.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: In response to increasing levels of FICO2, patients receiving PSV demonstrated increased chemoreceptor response, evidenced by a hypocapnia and a larger tidal volume.
B. Incorrect response: In response to increasing levels of FICO2, patient receiving PAV essentially maintained a constant PaCO2 (eupnea).
C. Correct response: In response to increasing levels of FICO2, patients receiving either ACV or PSV experienced increased chemoreceptor response, demonstrated by hypocapnia and an increased VT.
D. Incorrect response: In response to increasing levels of FICO2, patients receiving ACV demonstrated increased chemoreceptor response, evidenced by a hypocapnia and a greater tidal volume.

Coya19@aol.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Gracias!

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library