This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following air compressors are commonly used inside ventilators? I. fluidic II. piston ... (Read 32 times)

kshipps

Which of the following air compressors are commonly used inside ventilators? I. fluidic II. piston and cylinder III. turbine IV. bellows

A. I, III only
  B. II, IV only
  C. I, III, IV only
  D. II, III, IV only

Question 2

Which of the following classifications matched the volume-controlled, continuous mandatory ventilation (VC-CMV) mode?

A. pressure-controlled, time-triggered, volume-limited, volume-cycled
  B. volume-controlled, pressure-triggered, pressure-limited, flow-cycled
  C. volume-controlled, time-triggered, flow-limited, time-cycled
  D. volume-controlled, pressure-triggered, flow-limited, pressure-cycled

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cdmart10

Answer to Question 1

ANS: DI. Incorrect response: Control circuits can be fluidic, not compressors. Fluidic circuits are analogs of electronic logic circuits. Fluidic circuits use small amounts of gas flow to generate signals that operate timing systems and pressure switches.
II. Correct response: Piston and cylinder is one of three types of small compressors used inside certain ventilators.
III. Correct response: Turbine compressors are another type of compressor used inside some ventilators.
IV. Correct response: Bellows compressors are a third type of compressor housed inside some older-generation ventilators.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: CA. Incorrect response: Volume controlled-continuous mandatory ventilation (VC-CMV) cannot be pressure-controlled. In pressure-controlled, continuous mandatory ventilation (PC-CMV), pressure is the control variable, which implies that both spontaneous and mandatory breaths are available. Pressure control also implies that the mandatory breaths are either pressure-triggered (patient-cycled) or time-triggered.
B. Incorrect response: VC-CMV is volume-controlled and may be either pressure- or time-triggered. Pressure is not a limit variable, and the cycle variable is not flow.
C. Correct response: VC-CMV is (1) volume-controlled; (2) either pressure- or time-triggered, (3) flow-limited, and (4) time-cycled.
D. Incorrect response: VC-CMV is not pressure-cycled.

kshipps

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library