This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Cassidy often fails to complete homework before bedtime. As a fifth grader she knows she needs to do ... (Read 182 times)

soccerdreamer_17

Cassidy often fails to complete homework before bedtime. As a fifth grader she knows she needs to do homework when she gets home, but she gets on her computer and plays video games with her friends and other random players. When her mom gets home, it's time to help with dinner and chores. Her mom, believing Cassidy is old enough to take responsibility for her homework, doesn't like to hassle with Cassidy over homework before bedtime. How might Cassidy's mom use cognitive behavior modification to improve this situation? In your answer, include specific quotes the mom might use.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

The principal at Bragg Elementary School held a meeting in which he reminded teachers to create learning environments that represent constructivist perspectives. Which of the following environments is LEAST likely to meet the principal's expectations?

a. One teacher created a simulation in which students carry out tasks that would be performed on a space station.
  b. Another teacher sets aside a time every day for students to suggest ways they might take something they learned at school and use it away from school.
  c. Another teacher provides a checklist format for students to keep track of their progress and take responsibility for turning in assignments on time.
  d. Another teacher puts his notes on PowerPoint and lectures from them to help students take precise notes that capture the content without misunderstandings.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

manuelcastillo

Answer to Question 1

Suggested Response: Cassidy's mom might teach her daughter to use cognitive behavior modification to become self-regulated about completing homework after school. The process involves self-talk and self-instruction. The mom needs to model the process by showing Cassidy how she uses self-talk to complete important tasks.
She might use the example of planning meals for the week. She might say, What meals will I prepare for dinner each school night? Do I have the items I need to make each meal? What groceries do I need to get on Saturday?
Next, Cassidy's mom might roleplay the questions Cassidy could ask herself every day after school. What homework do I have? Which task should I do first? I'll make a list and check off everything before I play video games. Cassidy's mom might ask Cassidy to make a list of the questions she'll ask herself every day after school. Then she might follow up, checking with Cassidy after school the next day and periodically over the next few weeks.
Text Reference: Self-Regulated Learning

Answer to Question 2

d

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library