This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You have asked Shannon to get started on her assignment and she crosses her arms and looks angry. ... (Read 145 times)

saraeharris

You have asked Shannon to get started on her assignment and she crosses her arms and looks angry. You ask her again and she turns her back to you and yells, I hate you and I hate this class. Which of the following is NOT an appropriate way to respond to Shannon?

a. Shannon, it looks like you are frustrated. I get frustrated sometimes, too. Would it be helpful if you could ask one of your classmates for some assistance?
  b. Shannon, it looks like I didn't do a very good job of explaining that so that you could understand. Would you like for me to go over it again?
  c. Shannon, it upsets me when you get frustrated and yell, because I get distracted and have difficulty helping the other students.
  d. Shannon, I need for you to either get started on your work or be prepared to face the consequences.

Question 2

Most teachers deal daily with students who demonstrate off task behaviors. In fact:

a. Kounin called for teachers to make students comply with every rule, no matter how small.

b. severe misbehaviors such as stealing, bullying, and psychological harassment are more prevalent than off-task behaviors.

c. Frederic Jones in his book Positive Classroom Discipline found that most behavior problems are of a lesser degree or what he called small disruptions.

d. off-task behaviors basically do not exist  most students conscientiously work and complete all assignments.