This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Praise is more effective if used appropriately. Based on guidelines for giving praise, which teacher ... (Read 283 times)

schs14

Praise is more effective if used appropriately. Based on guidelines for giving praise, which teacher seems to understand and use praise appropriately?

a. You are a good boy. You did a much better job in class today, Felipe.
  b. I see that you did better than the others in your group today. Good work, Amanda.
  c. I am glad to see that you used the correct heading on your paper and turned in a very neat paper today, Carson.
  d. Everyone should be watching LeVonne and doing exactly what she is doing. She is modeling the correct way to start the day.

Question 2

Samantha habitually blurted out answers to questions during class discussion. Mr. Hargrove repeatedly called Samantha by name and told her to wait her turn, but Samantha repeated her behavior day after day. Mr. Hargrove finally realized that his strategy was not working. He thought he was using a form of punishment, but his strategy turned out to be:

a. negative reinforcement of the behavior.
  b. positive reinforcement of the behavior.
  c. the antecedent for the behavior.
  d. the unconditioned stimulus.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Briannahope

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

b

schs14

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library