This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is assessing a 24-year-old client for testicular cancer. When educating the client, what ... (Read 33 times)

berenicecastro

A nurse is assessing a 24-year-old client for testicular cancer. When educating the client,
  what should the nurse mention as a risk factor for developing testicular cancer?

A) Engaging in frequent sexual activity
  B) Being older than 50 years old
  C) Getting married at an early age
  D) Having an undescended testicle

Question 2

A 72-year old man presents at a local clinic and states: I have to urinate all the time, and I never feel like my bladder is emptied. It really bothers me at night. What condition might the nurse suspect related to this chief complaint?

A) Chronic bacterial prostatitis (CBP)
  B) Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
  C) Orchitis
  D) Epididymitis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stallen

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B
Initial symptoms of BPH may be urinary difficulties. The client does not empty his bladder completely when he voids and finds that he must void frequently, often during the night. He may also find starting to void increasingly difficult or painful and may notice traces of blood in his urine. Cystitis may result. The client with chronic prostatitis is usually asymptomatic, but he may complain of back or perineal pain. Symptoms of orchitis include pain and swelling in the scrotum and sometimes urethral irritation. Symptoms of epididymitis include redness, pain, and various degrees of scrotal swelling.

berenicecastro

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library