This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is suggesting a dietary plan to a client who sustained a stab wound to his upper chest. ... (Read 24 times)

Frost2351

A nurse is suggesting a dietary plan to a client who sustained a stab wound to his upper
  chest. What are the nursing considerations to be kept in mind while recommending a
  dietary plan that promotes wound healing?

A) Avoid a high-calorie diet
  B) Consume a low-protein diet
  C) Drink adequate fluids
  D) Avoid citrus fruits

Question 2

A pregnant woman is having moderately strong contractions every 3 minutes lasting 50 seconds. Her cervix is dilated 6 cm. What state of labor is she experiencing?

A) Stage I, latent phase
  B) Stage I, active phase
  C) Stage I, transitional phase
  D) Stage II

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

duke02

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B
In the stage I active phase, the woman experiences regular, moderate to strong contractions: frequency 2 to 4 minutes, duration 45 to 60 seconds with dilation 4 to 8 cm. In the stage I latent phase, the woman experiences irregular, mild contractions: frequency 5 to 20 minutes, duration 30 to 50 seconds with dilation 0 to 4 cm. In the stage I transitional phase, the woman experiences regular, very strong contractions: frequency 2 to 3 minutes, duration 60 to 90 seconds with dilation 8 to 10 cm. During stage II, the woman's abdominal muscles and diaphragm join the uterine muscles to push the newborn out of the woman's body. The woman may say she feels pushing pains or a bearing down feeling.

Frost2351

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library