This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant woman at her first prenatal visit asks the nurse if it is safe to have sex during her ... (Read 41 times)

RYAN BANYAN

A pregnant woman at her first prenatal visit asks the nurse if it is safe to have sex during her pregnancy. Which of the following patient statements alerts the nurse to the need for further teaching?

A) I should substitute intercourse with nonsexual touch to avoid harming the fetus.
  B) I will experience a heightened need for touch throughout my pregnancy.
  C) If I experience bleeding, I will abstain from vaginal intercourse.
  D) I will avoid having intercourse following the rupture of the membranes.

Question 2

A client has to undergo a cystoscopy for removal of a kidney polyp. What nursing measure should the nurse undertake when caring for this client?

A) Ask the client to reduce salt intake for 2 weeks after the cystoscopy.
  B) Make sure the client is not allergic to iodine dye before the cystoscopy.
  C) Report any darkening urine after the cystoscopy.
  D) Ask the client not to drink fluids immediately after the cystoscopy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss.ashley

Answer to Question 1

A
Sexual needs may be met through sexual intercourse with a partner as long as the pregnancy is healthy and there are no other risk factors, such as bleeding or rupture of membranes. Pregnancy is a time of a heightened need for touch, which may be met partially by sexual expression, but which can also be met through nonsexual touch, such as massage, caressing, or holding.

Answer to Question 2

C
The nurse should report any darkening urine or urine that is blood-tinged more than 24 hours after cystoscopy. The client need not reduce salt intake for 2 weeks after cystoscopy. Clients diagnosed with chronic glomerulonephritis are asked to reduce their salt intake. The nurse should make sure the client is not allergic to local anesthetic agents, such as lidocaine, not to iodine dye. The client should be encouraged to drink fluids after the procedure to prevent urinary stasis.

RYAN BANYAN

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library