This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client in a healthcare facility is at high risk for future readmission. To which department is the ... (Read 11 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

A client in a healthcare facility is at high risk for future readmission. To which department is the nurse likely to refer the client?

A) Case management department
  B) Quality improvement department
  C) Outpatient department
  D) Consulting nurse service

Question 2

A client in a healthcare facility treated for an accident is about to be discharged and needs postdischarge care. To which department is the nurse likely to refer the client?

A) Case management department
  B) Quality improvement department
  C) Outpatient department
  D) Consulting nurse service

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ashley I

Answer to Question 1

A
The case management department provides service coordination, health assessment, education, and discharge planning for clients who are at high risk for readmission. The nurse should refer the client to the outpatient department because this department cares for clients after discharge. Once high-risk clients are identified, case managers follow up with them after discharge to maximize wellness, provide healthcare, and coordinate services. The quality improvement (QI) department promotes the organization's efforts of ensuring quality care by continually improving systems, services, and processes and enhancing customer service and satisfaction. The consulting nurse service (telehealth) provides telephone advice to callers who need assistance deciding if and when to seek medical attention.

Answer to Question 2

C
The nurse should refer the client to the outpatient department because this department cares for clients after discharge. The case management department provides service coordination, health assessment, education, and discharge planning for clients who are at high risk for readmission. Once high-risk clients are identified, case managers follow up with them after discharge to maximize wellness, provide healthcare, and coordinate services. The quality improvement (QI) department promotes the organization's efforts of ensuring quality care by continually improving systems, services, and processes and enhancing customer service and satisfaction. The consulting nurse service (telehealth) provides telephone advice to callers who need assistance deciding if and when to seek medical attention.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Gracias!

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library