This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A student must come back to the learning laboratory to repeat the skills check for insertion of a ... (Read 55 times)

V@ndy87

A student must come back to the learning laboratory to repeat the skills check for insertion of a nasogastric tube. The student would likely benefit most from telling herself which of the follow-ing statements?

a. Get it right You are going to flunk out if you mess this up again
  b. I know I can do this I know I can do this
  c. I cannot believe I made that mistake again.
  d. I did it right That instructor is wrong

Question 2

After a particularly challenging examination, a student is overheard in the hallway exclaiming, That instructor just grades too hard She only gave me a B on the test This student is exhibit-ing traits of a(an):

a. external locus-of-control.
  b. internal locus-of-control.
  c. perfectionist.
  d. realist.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cadimas

Answer to Question 1

B
Positive self-talk is kind and encouraging and is more likely to provide support, thus leading to success.

Answer to Question 2

A
Persons with external locus-of-control often do not take responsibility for what happens to him or her.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Gracias!

atrochim

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library