Author Question: Mrs. Bobb is an 84-year-old woman who has lived in the long-term care facility for the past 2 years. ... (Read 35 times)

Deast7027

Mrs. Bobb is an 84-year-old woman who has lived in the long-term care facility for the past 2 years. Cameron is a nursing student who has developed a close therapeutic relationship with Mrs. Bobb over the past several weeks.

This morning, Mrs. Bobb has confided in Cameron that she feels like a burden to everyone around me. How should Cameron best respond to this statement?
  A) Not at all, sweetie. We all love and taking care of you here.
  B) That's not the case, and every dark cloud has silver lining anyhow.
  C) I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can assure you that I don't see you as a burden.
  D) Perhaps getting more active in your care and being more involved socially would make you feel more useful.

Question 2

The standards of nursing care that are published by various organizations are often used

A) to determine the amount of salary increase due a nurse.
  B) to describe the profession.
  C) in nursing malpractice cases.
  D) by employing agencies when deciding who to hire.

kusterl

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C