This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The licensed practical/vocational nurse is the team leader in a long-term care facility. A topic ... (Read 44 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

The licensed practical/vocational nurse is the team leader in a long-term care facility.

A topic for discussion at a recent staff meeting was the effect that a scheduled 1-week absence of one of the staff members will have on the staff and how that absence might be managed. One of the staff members thinks a person should be hired to cover the temporary absence. The other six staff members each wants to take on an extra resident for that week. They feel that bringing in someone new would not be best for the residents. Which statement might be made by a person who is considered a good follower?
  A) I think the decision is wrong and I really want everyone to reconsider.
  B) I don't care. I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants to do.
  C) This is your decisionnot mine. I will not accept being assigned an additional resident.
  D) I certainly don't agree with the decision, but I will do my best to carry it out.

Question 2

The best way a licensed practical/vocational nurse (LP/VN) can prepare for a leadership position is to:

A) maintain a strong work attendance record.
  B) work with culturally diverse staff and clients.
  C) establish strong therapeutic relationships with clients.
  D) complete education programs and attend workshops on leadership.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

taylorsonier

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
The person may not agree with the decision, but a good follower is willing to support an unpopular group decision.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
Completing online continuing education programs and attending workshops and seminars can also provide opportunities to learn and practice new leadership skills. A good attendance record is essential but does not help a person prepare to be a leader. Similarly, experience with persons of different cultures and strong relationships with clients are positive, but do not necessarily contribute to leadership skills.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library