This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse allows the client to guide the direction of the conversation and to choose the topic focus ... (Read 21 times)

rmenurse

A nurse allows the client to guide the direction of the conversation and to choose the topic focus by saying, Tell me more about that, or Can you explain that to me in another way?

Match the therapeutic communication technique with the example that best illustrates it.
  a. Broad open-ended statement or
  question
  e. Reassurance
  b. Reflection f. Summarization
  c. Clarification g. Acknowledgment
  d. Silence

Question 2

The client feels valued when the nurse addresses her concerns saying, I understand you would like to talk with the doctor this morning.

Match the therapeutic communication technique with the example that best illustrates it.
  a. Broad open-ended statement or
  question
  e. Reassurance
  b. Reflection f. Summarization
  c. Clarification g. Acknowledgment
  d. Silence

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wfdfwc23

Answer to Question 1

ANS: a

Answer to Question 2

ANS: g

rmenurse

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Excellent

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library