Author Question: A patient admitted with chest pain who is a one pack-a-day smoker tells the nurse, I am just not ... (Read 39 times)

jon_i

A patient admitted with chest pain who is a one pack-a-day smoker tells the nurse, I am just not ready to quit smoking yet. The most appropriate response by the nurse is

a. This would be a really good time to quit.
  b. Are you familiar with the nicotine patch?
  c. Your smoking is the cause of your chest pain.
  d. What do you think keeps you from quitting?

Question 2

According to the ANA, which elements of nursing cannot be delegated? (Select all that apply.)

a. Initial and subsequent nursing assessments requiring professional judgment
  b. The determination of nursing diagnoses, goals, plans of care, and progress
  c. Interventions that require the application of professional knowledge and skills
  d. Interventions that require additional knowledge and skills
  e. Routine daily care elements including recording vital signs

ambernicolefink

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C