This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Dressing for success at an interview means an applicant should a. select clothing that could be ... (Read 24 times)

lunatika

Dressing for success at an interview means an applicant should

a. select clothing that could be worn at a cocktail party and a formal hair style.
  b. wear well-fitting, businesslike clothes and a neat hairstyle.
  c. wear only new, very conservative dark clothing and have a new haircut and/or style.
  d. wear an outfit that reflects one's off-duty personality or hobbies and a casual hairstyle.

Question 2

During an employment interview, the interviewee is asked, What do you believe are your greatest weaknesses? The best reply would be

a. I'm not aware of any weaknesses.
  b. My instructors told me I was disorganized.
  c. My biggest problem is lack of clinical experience.
  d. I work hard to do my job and meet expectations for my work.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Conservative, business-appropriate clothing should be the first choice. Clothing should fit well so that it is comfortable to wear. Wearing conservative, tailored clothing will help the employer see an interviewee as one who will dress appropriately at work. One should try not to wear an outfit for the first time at the interview; having worn it before will give confidence that it fits well. The employer is interested in what appearance one will present at work and would not be able to extrapolate that from the applicant wearing an outfit that reflects off-duty personality or hobbies and a casual hairstyle.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
It is preferable not to respond directly to a question requiring negatives for an answer. It is better to refocus the question so that one may sincerely say positive things about oneself without sounding boastful. It is probably not true that an interviewee would be unaware of any weaknesses. A prospective employer wants to hire people who are organized. Replying that the biggest problem is the lack of clinical experience has the wrong focus. Having clinical experience in a nursing program is a positive.

lunatika

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library