This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A purely task-centered leadership style that thrives on power and involves telling someone what to ... (Read 67 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

A purely task-centered leadership style that thrives on power and involves telling someone what to do, with little regard for the employee as a person, is the

a. autocratic style.
  b. situational style.
  c. democratic style.
  d. laissez-faire style.

Question 2

Evaluate the following documentation found in the medical record of a resident. It was provided by an LPN/LVN charge nurse relative to an incident that occurred while resident care was being provided by a nursing assistant.

July 1, 2009, 8:10 AM
  While administering meds on Wing 1, I heard someone sobbing in the shower room on that wing. On entering the shower stall, I found Mrs. Garrity crying and shivering. She was sitting naked on the shower chair and was alone in the room. She stated that Becky, her nursing assistant, told her she had to leave for a phone call. I covered Mrs. Garrity with a bath blanket that was on the shelf in the bathroom. At that point Becky returned and confirmed that she had received a phone call. I think the in-service director needs to review the procedure for showering a resident with Becky and the policy about personal phone calls. Becky and I discussed the discomfort caused to Mrs. Garrity by her actions. She listened to my comments without defensiveness.
  The documentation should be evaluated as
  a. complete and appropriate.
  b. appropriate but incomplete.
  c. meeting agency and regulatory standards.
  d. not meeting criteria for good documentation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
A purely task-centered leadership style (autocratic style) thrives on power. It involves telling someone what to do, with little regard for the employee as a person who may have ideas about how to improve patient care or reach the goals of the employer. Situational leadership involves varying leadership style to meet the demands of the situation in the work environment. Focusing on both the task and the employee is characteristic of the democratic style of leadership. A purely people-oriented style (laissez-faire) focuses on people's feelings but ignores the task at hand. It allows employees to act without any direction.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The nurse includes a subjective comment judging what is perceived as having taken place.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

epscape

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library