This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During report, the LPN/LVN relates that although her assigned patient was ambulatory, she provided a ... (Read 34 times)

P68T

During report, the LPN/LVN relates that although her assigned patient was ambulatory, she provided a bed bath, special foot care, and nail care; she justified the care by saying that the patient seemed very tired.

The nurse also mentioned that the patient had a number of personal problems for which she provided counseling. The charge nurse recognizes these behaviors as suggesting

a. conscientious nursing.
  b. empathetic response.
  c. conflict avoidance.
  d. co-dependence.

Question 2

The LPN/LVN tells the charge nurse, You can be glad I'm on duty today to pick up the slack for the staff member who called in sick. It's lucky that I came in early. Oh, and by the way, I can stay late, if necessary. You know how the next shift is.

They expect everything to be caught up, even if they aren't that efficient themselves. These remarks suggest that the LPN/LVN may be

a. a chronic complainer.
  b. a team player.
  c. co-dependent.
  d. chemically dependent.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AISCAMPING

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Co-dependent individuals have a pathological need to be needed by others. They are often controlling, robbing patients of autonomy and opportunities to problem-solve. These behaviors go beyond conscientious nursing to the pathological; they do not suggest use of empathy; and they do not suggest conflict avoidance.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Co-dependent individuals feel the fate of nursing care rests on their shoulders, feel responsible for solving the problems of others (in this case, the charge nurse's problems), engage in one-upmanship and intershift rivalries. These behaviors are evident in the scenario. Chronic complainer is incorrect because the scenario is more than an example of chronic complaining. The verbalizations do not suggest that the LPN/LVN is a team player. The verbalizations do not suggest chemical dependency.

P68T

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library