Author Question: A nursing student tells a peer, My instructor is on my case all the time. I'm picked on more than ... (Read 42 times)

CORALGRILL2014

A nursing student tells a peer, My instructor is on my case all the time. I'm picked on more than any other student in the group. The more I'm criticized, the more nervous I get. I don't think I can do anything right. What do you think I should do?

The best advice for the peer to give would be

a. Just keep trying. Things are bound to get better.
  b. Make an appointment to talk about this with the instructor.
  c. Go see the program director and explain that you're being harassed.
  d. Ask another instructor for help with your skills so you'll be better prepared.

Question 2

A nursing student tells a peer, I'm having trouble understanding the rationale for not restraining confused patients. The best advice for the peer to offer would be

a. Ask the smartest student in the class.
  b. Ask a patient for their view about it.
  c. Ask the instructor to explain it again.
  d. Do an Internet search.

trampas

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Making an appointment with the instructor follows the proper channel of communication by seeking out the individual with whom the perceived problem lies. Just keep trying. Things are bound to get better is encouraging but will not help resolve the student's concerns. Go see the program director and explain that you're being harassed and Ask another instructor for help with your skills so you'll be better prepared do not follow the recognized channel of communication.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This response reflects the student's responsibility for seeking faculty help when having difficulty in class or clinicals. Asking the smartest student in class might not be helpful if this student is also having difficulty understanding the content. Asking the patient for his or her view would not provide balanced information. An Internet search might not yield relevant