Author Question: A student enrolled in an LPN/LVN program states, I'm fresh out of high school and living alone for ... (Read 35 times)

wenmo

A student enrolled in an LPN/LVN program states, I'm fresh out of high school and living alone for the first time in my life. I'm having to learn how to take care of myself as well as learning to care for my patients.

This statement identifies the student as

a. a traditional adult learner.
  b. a returning student.
  c. a recycled adult learner.
  d. someone in need of counseling.

Question 2

Which individual in a practical/vocational nursing class would be identified as a traditional adult learner?

a. One who has been out of school for many years
  b. One who has children and grandchildren
  c. One who knows the routine of education
  d. One who is in his or her early 20s

Question 3

A nurse is explaining to a student that SBAR is a type of

a. format for conducting a debriefing.
  b. process for multidisciplinary meetings.
  c. standardized patient chart template.
  d. structured communication strategy.

aham8f

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Traditional adult learners are individuals who are in their late teens or early 20s who have come to the practical/vocational program directly from high school or another program of study.

Answer to Question 2

Thank you for answering this question.

Answer to Question 3

D
SBAR is a structured communication strategy and stands for situation, background, assessment, and recommendation.
SBAR is not a format for conducting debriefings.
SBAR is not a process used in multidisciplinary meetings.
SBAR is not a template for standardized patient charting.