This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your principal comes in to observe your teaching, and you then meet with her to debrief. She points ... (Read 69 times)

strangeaffliction

Your principal comes in to observe your teaching, and you then meet with her to debrief. She points out that Bethany was whispering with Emily at one point during class. She says, Why didn't you intervene? Your response is,

a. They always do that, and if I intervened every time, I'd go crazy. So I pick my times and when I do administer a consequence, I tell them that it's for all the other times I didn't say anything..
  b. Most students were working hard, and I try never to interrupt students while they're working..
  c. It was a very short conversation, and unlikely to be repeated since I was about to move them into groups, so I simply chose not to interrupt the lesson..
  d. Oh, heck. I must have missed that. If I'd seen it, I'd have said something..

Question 2

Shanelle, one of your students, is loud and prone to leading the other students in minor misbehavior  chatting, dawdling, or passing notes. She's like a rain cloudwhatever students she's around are likely to be unhappy or engaged in some sort of conflict. By comparison, Eldon, another student in your class, seems easy to manage he is extremely quiet and helpful and generally gets along well with people, although he does seem to do a fair amount of daydreaming and sometimes avoids his work. Sometimes you even forget he's in your class. In terms of management concerns,

a. Shanelle and Eldon both present reasons for concern, and, as their teacher, you must address both Shanelle's misbehavior and Eldon's work avoidance.
  b. Shanelle presents a bigger problem than Eldon, because her misbehavior is so evident and so disruptive to the other students' learning.
  c. Eldon presents a bigger problem than Shanelle, because her behaviors are overt, and his are so subtle that you might miss them if you're not vigilant.
  d. neither Shanelle nor Eldon seem to present significant problems and as their teacher, you can relax your guard a bit.