This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: On the first day of school, Mr. Haddad told his 9th grade classes, You are in high school and old ... (Read 60 times)

Mr3Hunna

On the first day of school, Mr. Haddad told his 9th grade classes, You are in high school and old enough to know right from wrong. As long as you behave, we can have a lot of fun in this class. I plan to allow many opportunities for interaction and games. I don't have a list of rules, but I do expect that you will behave yourselves. If you have any questions about how to behave, just raise your hands now and I'll answer questions. (Pauses for awhile.) OK, let's get started looking at our course. I will hand out my course description and go over my grading criteria and course requirements.. A potential difficulty with Mr. Haddad's beginning is that

a. he has no expectations for student behavior or class procedures
  b. he should not question students on the first day.
  c. appropriate behavior in important areas may not be adequately understood by the students.
  d. b and c only.
  e. a, b, and c are all correct.

Question 2

Mr. Brunson begins his Algebra class each day by greeting the students as they enter the room, giving them a problem to work on while he takes roll, going over homework, and then introducing new concepts/skills. Mr. Brunson's sequence is

a. effective, because it helps students make the transition into his classroom in an orderly manner.
   b. effective, because he does not have to do extensive lesson planning, which can be time consuming.
   c. ineffective, because the repetitive nature of activities will lead to student boredom.
  d. ineffective, because it does not allow for Mr. Brunson's instruction to be engaging and motivating to students.