This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which one of the following best illustrates self-concept rather than self-worth or self-esteem? ... (Read 106 times)

Kthamas

Which one of the following best illustrates self-concept rather than self-worth or self-esteem?

a. Anne says, I am a fast runner.
  b. Brandi says, I am glad that I am good in math.
  c. Connor says, It makes me sad that I am the worst reader in the class.
  d. Darvin says, I'm bad at sports and I don't like always being picked last for a team.

Question 2

Darien knows that he wants to work with children when he grows up, but he wonders if he'd rather be a pediatrician or a teacher. This situation illustrates what important function that youngsters' sense of self serves?

a. It influences how they react to certain events.
  b. It helps them think about possible future selves.
  c. It helps them make sense of things that happen to them.
  d. It motivates them to engage in behaviors to which other people will respond favorably.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LP

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

Kthamas

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

alvinum

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library