Author Question: Discuss two key ways in which Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences differs from the ... (Read 61 times)

berenicecastro

Discuss two key ways in which Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences differs from the information processing perspective on intelligence.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Corey says to himself, I feel good about myself. I'm a really good soccer player compared to the other players on my team. Coach says I'm doing great. Corey is demonstrating:

a. self-esteem.
  b. collective self-esteem.
  c. self-concept.
  d. Erikson's notion of industry.

Rilsmarie951

Answer to Question 1

Information processing theorists focus on informaiton processing that is common to all people. How do humans gather and use information to solve problems and behave intelligently? They do not focus on the structure of intelligence. Howard Gardner focuses on structure of intelligence and proposes eight distinct types of intelligence.
Information processing theorists do not view the aspects of intelligence as independent of one another. Gardner presented the eight intelligences as separate intelligences. After review of critics' concerns, Gardner is reconsidering the idea of connections among the intelligences.

Answer to Question 2

A