Author Question: Discuss two key ways in which Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences differs from the ... (Read 59 times)

berenicecastro

Discuss two key ways in which Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences differs from the information processing perspective on intelligence.

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

Corey says to himself, I feel good about myself. I'm a really good soccer player compared to the other players on my team. Coach says I'm doing great. Corey is demonstrating:

a. self-esteem.
  b. collective self-esteem.
  c. self-concept.
  d. Erikson's notion of industry.

Rilsmarie951

Answer to Question 1

Information processing theorists focus on informaiton processing that is common to all people. How do humans gather and use information to solve problems and behave intelligently? They do not focus on the structure of intelligence. Howard Gardner focuses on structure of intelligence and proposes eight distinct types of intelligence.
Information processing theorists do not view the aspects of intelligence as independent of one another. Gardner presented the eight intelligences as separate intelligences. After review of critics' concerns, Gardner is reconsidering the idea of connections among the intelligences.

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library