This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As the client and nurse move from the orientation stage to the working stage of the therapeutic ... (Read 33 times)

DyllonKazuo

As the client and nurse move from the orientation stage to the working stage of the therapeutic relationship, which is the nurse's most therapeutic statement?

A. I want to assure you that I will maintain your confidentiality.
  B. A long-term goal for someone your age would be to develop better job skills.
  C. Which identified problems would you like for us to initially address?
  D. I think first we need to focus on your relationship issues.

Question 2

According to Peplau, which nursing intervention is most appropriate when the nurse is functioning in the role of a surrogate?

A. The nurse functions as a nurturing parent in order to build a trusting relationship.
  B. The nurse plays cards with a small group of clients.
  C. The nurse discusses childhood events that may affect personality development.
  D. The nurse provides a safe social environment.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

k2629

Answer to Question 1

C
When moving on a continuum from the orientation to working phase of the nurseclient relationship, the client's identified goals are addressed through mutual therapeutic work to promote client behavioral change.

Answer to Question 2

A
According to Peplau, when a client is acutely ill, he or she may incur the role of infant or child, while the nurse is perceived as the mother surrogate.

DyllonKazuo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library