This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following client statements would indicate that teaching about benzodiazepines has been ... (Read 119 times)

sc00by25

Which of the following client statements would indicate that teaching about benzodiazepines has been successful? Select all that apply.

A. I can't drink alcohol when taking lorazepam (Ativan).
  B. If I abruptly stop taking buspirone (BuSpar), I may have a seizure.
  C. Valium can make me drowsy, so I shouldn't drive for awhile.
  D. My new diet cannot include aged cheese or pickled herring.
  E. When the fluoxetine (Prozac) begins working, I can stop the alprazolam (Xanax).

Question 2

A nurse practitioner uses cognitive therapy with depressed clients. The nurse asks clients to keep a daily record of dysfunctional thoughts.

Which of the following are appropriate nursing replies to a client questioning the purpose of this exercise? Select all that apply. A. The purpose of this exercise is to identify automatic thoughts.
  B. The purpose of this exercise is to identify rational alternatives.
  C. The purpose of this exercise is to modify cognitive errors.
  D. The purpose of this exercise is to eliminate irrational beliefs.
  E. The purpose of this exercise is to monitor thoughts related to self-esteem.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

choc0chan

Answer to Question 1

A, C
When a nurse teaches about medications, he or she is using a cognitive approach. A core concept of cognitive theory relates to the mental process of thinking and reasoning.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C
In a daily record of dysfunctional thoughts, clients (1) identify automatic thoughts and (2) generate a more rational response. In this way, the tool serves to help them (3) modify or make changes in their thinking. A daily record of dysfunctional thoughts does not eliminate the occurrence of irrational beliefs or monitor thoughts solely related to self-esteem.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library