This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Teaching for parents of children with pervasive developmental disorder should include which of the ... (Read 23 times)

nautica902

Teaching for parents of children with pervasive developmental disorder should include which of the following?

A) Maintain a structure in the child's daily activities to minimize disruption.
  B) Play the television or radio constantly to stimulate the child's curiosity.
  C) Speak in descriptive sentences to enhance the child's language development.
  D) Use physical touch as much as possible to hold the child's attention.

Question 2

An 11-year-old child talks to the school nurse about a single episode of disruptive behavior in class. The child states, I had a stomachache and felt like vomiting. I couldn't help it. I was just so mad at my dad.

The most appropriate response by the nurse would be: A) I can see that you're angry. Let's look at better ways to express it.
  B) I can understand your anger, but you can't disrupt the classroom.
  C) If you can get rid of your anger, perhaps your stomachache will go away.
  D) Perhaps it would be helpful if you let your dad know you're angry.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fdliggud

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback: Children with pervasive developmental disorder respond most favorably to a structured daily routine that does not change unnecessarily. Pervasive developmental disorders are characterized by severe impairment of reciprocal social interaction skills, communication deviance, and restricted stereotyped behavioral patterns. Answers B, C and D are not appropriate teaching points for the parents of children with pervasive developmental disorders.

Answer to Question 2

A
Feedback: A child at this age may have difficulty expressing negative or intense emotions verbally; the nurse's response helps teach the child appropriate expressions of anger.

nautica902

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library