This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has been teaching a client about bulimia. Which of the following statements by the client ... (Read 55 times)

Capo

The nurse has been teaching a client about bulimia. Which of the following statements by the client indicates that the teaching has been effective?

A) I know if I eat pasta, I'll binge.
  B) I'll eat small meals and snacks regularly.
  C) I'll take my medication when I feel the urge to binge.
  D) I'll limit my intake of carbohydrates and fats.

Question 2

The nurse has been teaching the client's family about the client's eating disorder, anorexia nervosa. Which of the following statements indicates that teaching was effective?

A) We will eat our evening meals together with no exceptions.
  B) We will negotiate resolutions to family conflicts.
  C) We will spend less time discussing troublesome family members.
  D) We will give her frequent encouragement for eating well and maintaining her weight.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aham8f

Answer to Question 1

B
Feedback: Teaching is effective when the client recognizes the need to return to nutritious eating patterns. Answer A, C, and D are not appropriate responses to teaching about bulimia nervosa.

Answer to Question 2

B
Feedback: Families of clients with eating disorders typically put too much emphasis on food and are less skilled at discussing family conflicts and allowing the client to begin gaining independence. Answer A allows for no compromise, but the client needs to be able to make decisions for him or herself. Answer C indicates that the client is a problem to the family. In Answer D, family members are concerned about the client's health, but it is rarely helpful to focus on food intake, calories, and weight.

Capo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library