This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with a mental disorder is being discharged from the inpatient unit. During the client's ... (Read 27 times)

lak

A client with a mental disorder is being discharged from the inpatient unit.

During the client's stay in the hospital, the client eventually was able to get an adequate night's sleep even though the client had experienced chronic insomnia over the years. The client's spouse asks the nurse what the family can do in the client's home environment to promote healthy sleep. Which response by the nurse would be most appropriate?
  A) It is basically up to your husband to focus on promoting his own sleep.
  B) You might consider a glass of wine about 30 minutes before he is ready to go to bed.
  C) Remember to keep stimulating activities at a minimum before he goes to bed.
  D) Give him a spicy snack with a warm cup of tea at night before bedtime.

Question 2

A client diagnosed with schizophrenia is laughing and talking while sitting alone. Which of the following is the best response by the nurse?

A) Can you share your joke with me?
  B) Sit with the client quietly until the client is ready to talk.
  C) Tell me what's happening.
  D) You look lonely here. Let's join the others in the day room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ApricotDream

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback: This response explores what the client is experiencing and engages the client in reality interaction. Answers A, B, and C are not appropriate responses by the nurse in this situation.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library