This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The nurse has ... (Read 47 times)

cagreen833

The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The nurse has instructed the client about using the communication triad. The nurse determines that the client understands the technique when the client says:

A) I should not start by talking about the situation, because then it sounds like I'm accusing the other person.
  B) Maybe I should start by describing the situation that has me upset.
  C) I should first tell the other person what I'd like to be different about the situation.
  D) I should begin by telling the other person what has triggered my emotion.

Question 2

The client says to the nurse, I really want to see my first grandchild born before I die. Is that too much to ask? The nurse recognizes that the client is in which stage of grieving, according to Kubler-Ross?

A) Acceptance
  B) Anger
  C) Bargaining
  D) Depression

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Eazy416

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback: Clients often set goals such as living until a certain time or to experience a particular event, and then they'll be ready to die: that is the bargain. Acceptance occurs when the person shows evidence of coming to terms with death. Anger may be expressed toward God, relatives, friends, or healthcare providers. Depression results when awareness of the loss becomes acute.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library