This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is assessing a newly admitted client diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. The nurse ... (Read 78 times)

Tirant22

The nurse is assessing a newly admitted client diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. The nurse assesses the client's level of anxiety and reactions to stressful situations, obtaining this information for which reason?

A) To help determine the client's outcomes after treatment
  B) To help identify whether or not the client's mental competency is intact
  C) To act as a predictor of the client's risk for a suicide attempt
  D) To provide a basis for evaluating the client's social skills

Question 2

The client says to the nurse, I know I can learn to cope with my family situation. By getting help here at the clinic, I'll be able to deal with them more effectively, and I won't be so stressed out all the time.

This client is demonstrating a high level of: A) Hardiness
  B) Resilience
  C) Sense of belonging
  D) Self-efficacy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Li Jun

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D
Feedback: Persons with high self-efficacy believe that their personal abilities and efforts have an effect on the events in their lives; they are self-motivated, get needed support, and cope effectively. Hardiness is the ability to resist illness when under stress. Resilience is defined as having health responses to stressful circumstances or risky situations. Sense of belonging is the client's place in the group, family, etc.

Tirant22

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library